Descendants of James B McFarland
Courtesy of www.museum.bmi.net
Researchers: Linda Kracke and Sarah Olsen
April 4, 2008
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES B1 MCFARLAND was born Abt. 1838 in Pennsylvania, and died 11 Feb 1922 in Centropolis, , Kansas. He married CAROLINE CLARK 02 Mar 1860 in Franklin, Kansas1, daughter of JACOB CLARK and JULIANN HUNGATE. She was born 22 Apr 1836 in Illinois, and died 04 Nov 1906 in Centropolis, Franklin, Kansas.
Notes for JAMES B MCFARLAND:
Terry D. & Cathleen M. Smith
Note: 1978 Miner Way, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89104-5214, email@example.com, Phone Unlisted, http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=tsmith. Update as of 1 Mar 2008. As a Work-in-progress it is here for your comments. Thanks for taking the time.
OBITUARY: The following Obituary was supplied by:Jane via E-Mail: JBEdsn@aol.com Dated: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:39:37 EDT
"Pomona Republican (Pomona Kansas) Feb 16, 1922
INFLUENZA CAUSES DEATH
J. B. McFarland, 84, years of age, died at the home of his niece, Mrs.
Merida Price, 5 miles northwest of Centropolis at 8 o'clock Saturday morning of influenza and complications. He came to this county from Oklahoma about a year ago. Mrs. H. E. Simmons of Centropolis is a daughter. The funeral was held at 2 o'clock Sunday afternoon at the Old Order church, with Rev. Alfred Clark, conducting the services."
!WILL: Information for this will was supplied by Jane Edson via E-Mail: JBEdsn@aol.com Dated: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:15:51 EST Copy received 15 Nov 2005 from Jane Edson of Wichita, Kansas
Will of James B. McFarland
In the Name of God, Amen: I, James B. McFarland in the County of
Franklin and State of Kansas, being of sound and disposing mind and memory do this 19th day of February 1921 make, publish and declare the following to be my last will and testament, hereby revoking any and all wills by me before made.
First: I direct that all my just debts and liabilities and my funeral
expenses be paid as soon as can conveniently be done after my decease.
Second: I give, devise and bequeath to my daughter Mary E. Simmons One
Third: I give, devise and bequeath to my daughter Keren Hughes, Ten Dollars
Fourth: I give, devise and bequeath the remainder of my estate to be divided
equally among them, to my daughter Julia A. Meade, my son Elza A. McFarland
and my step-son John H. McFarland, other wise names Bickerstaff.
In witness whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal
this 19th day of February 1921.
James B. McFarland
The foregoing was signed by the testator James B. McFarland in our presence
this 19th day of February 1921 and he at the same time to us declared that it was his last will and testament and there upon we at his request and in his presence, and in the presence of each other subscribe our names hereto as witnesses on the day and year last written.
1860 Census Kansas Territory Franklin Centropolis Pg 276
2408 272 J B McFarland 24 M Carpneter PA
C McFarland 24 F IL
1870 U.S. Federal Census Return for Kansas, Franklin, Centropolis. Enumerated 28 Day Jun 1870. See lines 11 to 18 as follows:
Name Age/Sex/Race Trade Birth Place
McFarland, Jas 35 M W Farmer Pa.
McFarland, Caroline 43 F W Keeping House Missouri
McFarland, John 13 M W Farm Labor Kansas
McFarland, Mary E. 9 F W Kansas
McFarland, Julia A. 7 F W Kansas
McFarland, Karen 5 M W Kansas
McFarland, Alva 3 M W Kansas
McFarland, Eliza 1 F W Kansas
1880 Census KS Franklin Centropolis ED 78 Pg 21B
161 163 McFarland Jas B WM 44 Carpenter & Farmer PA -- --
----------, Caroline WF 44 Wife Keeping House IL KY KY
----------, Julia WF 18 Daughter KS PA IL
----------, Karen WF 16 Daughter KS PA IL
----------, Alva WM 13 Son KS PA IL
----------, Elza Wm 11 Son KS PA IL
----------, Harvey WM 8 Son KS PA IL
----------, Marcia WF 6 Son KS PA IL
More About JAMES B MCFARLAND:
Census 1: 1860, Kansas Territory Franklin Centropolis Pg 276
Census 2: 1870, KS Franklin Centropolis Pg 53
Census 3: 1880, KS Franklin Centropolis ED 78 Pg 21B
More About CAROLINE CLARK:
Census 1: 1850, IA Dallas Pg 228 (See Father)
Census 2: 1860, Kansas Territory Franklin Centropolis Pg 276(See Husband)
Census 3: 1870, KS Franklin Centropolis Pg 53(See Husband)
Census 4: 1880, KS Franklin Centropolis ED 78 Pg 21B(See Husband)
More About JAMES MCFARLAND and CAROLINE CLARK:
Marriage: 02 Mar 1860, Franklin, Kansas1
Children of JAMES MCFARLAND and CAROLINE CLARK are:
1. Marriages - Franklin, Kansas, McFarland James B. 3/2/1860 Bickerstaff Carolina.
2. Oregon Death Index, Name: McFarland, John Henry County: Lane Death Date: 22 Sep 1924 Certificate: 328 .
3. Marriages - Franklin, Kansas, McFarland John H. 22-Feb-1880 McConnell Kate.
4. Oregon Death Index, Name: McFarland, Jane C. County: Lane Death Date: 09 Apr 1915 Certificate: 1336.
5. Centropolis Cemetery, Franklin County, Kansas, McFarland Kate DOD 07 Oct 1880 30y 4m 14d .
6. Marriages - Franklin, Kansas, McFarland John H. 22-Feb-1880 McConnell Kate.
7. Marriages - Franklin, Kansas, McFarland, Mary E. 30-Jan-1881 Simmons, Henry E.
8. Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Franklin County, Kansas, McFarland Alva W. 13 Apr 1867 14 Aug 1899.
9. Marriages - Franklin, Kansas, McFarland,Eliza 18-Feb-1893 Keeler, Laura.
10. Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Franklin County, Kansas, McFarland Marcia L. 07 Nov 1873 02 Nov 1891.