824 South Columbia
This large white house was built in 1885 by Andrew Martin and Martha Frazier Elam. The house was later owned by their grandson Elwood Piper and his wife Myrtle. A. M. Elam was director of the Bank of Milton and former mayor of the city as well as deacon of the First Christian Church. His name appears on the rooftop of the building he constructed in 1910 at the north corner of the 'Elam Brick Block' on South Main. In 1901 this prominent city father acquired an automobile, reportedly the first one in eastern Oregon.