Descendants of George W. Lance
May 18, 2012
Generation No. 1
1. GEORGE W.1 LANCE was born 1867 in IN. He married BERTHA 'LANCE 24 Jul 1890 in Posey County, IN1. She was born 1872 in IN, and died 06 Jun 1941 in Umatilla County, OR2.
Notes for GEORGE W. LANCE:
1900 United States Federal Census Washington > Whitman > Sutton > District 102 > 5
George W Lance 32 WM Aug 1867 M10yrs IN US US Farm Laborer
Bertha Lance 28 Wife WF Feb 1872 M10yrs (5-5) IN IN IN
Charles A Lance 7 Son WM June 1893 S WA
Hazel Lance 5 Dau WF Aug 1894 S WA
Mabel Lance 5 Dau WF Aug 1894 S WA
Minnie M Lance 4 Dau WF Apr 1896 S WA
Maggie Lance 2 WF Jun 1898 S WA
James L Lance 8/12 Son WM Jul 1900 S WA
Source Citation: Year: 1900; Census Place: Sutton, Whitman, Washington; Roll: 1754; Page: 9A; Enumeration District: 102; FHL microfilm: 1241754.
1910 United States Federal Census Idaho > Lincoln > Wendell > District 0289 > 4
George Lance 40 Head MW M1-19yrs IN IN France Mason/Plaster Work Rent/House
Bertha Lance 36 Wife FW M1-19yrs (10-10) IN IN IN
Charles A Lance 18 Son MW S WA
Hazel Lance 15 Dau FW S WA
Mabel Lance 15 Dau FW S WA
Minnie Lance 14 Dau FW S WA
Maggie Lance 12 Dau FW S WA
Roy Lance 10 Son MW S WA
Ida Lance 7 Dau FW S WA
George Lance 6 Son MW S WA
Fred Lance 4 Son MW S WA
Bertha M Lance 7/12 Dau FW S ID
Source Citation: Year: 1910; Census Place: Wendell, Lincoln, Idaho; Roll: T624_226; Page: 2B; Enumeration District: 0289; Image: 488; FHL microfilm: 1374239.
More About GEORGE W. LANCE:
Census: 1900, Washington > Whitman > Sutton > District 102 > 5
More About BERTHA 'LANCE:
Census: 1900, Washington > Whitman > Sutton > District 102 > 5 (See Husband)
Children of GEORGE LANCE and BERTHA 'LANCE are:
Generation No. 2
2. MABEL CLARE2 LANCE (GEORGE W.1) was born 05 Aug 1894 in WA, and died 1977 in Pierce County, WA3,4,5. She married JOHN HARVEY HARPER 14 Apr 1917 in Walla Walla , Walla Wala, WA6, son of JOHN HARPER and AMY LOGEDER. He was born 25 Jun 1892 in KS, and died 29 Jun 1952 in King County, CA7.
More About MABEL CLARE LANCE:
Census: 1900, Washington > Whitman > Sutton > District 102 > 5 (See Father)
Notes for JOHN HARVEY HARPER:
1920 United States Federal Census Oregon > Tillamook > Stillwell > District 392 > 3
Line 48 - 3rd St. West
J H Harper 27 Head Rent MW M KS KS KS Blacksmith Foundry
Mable Harper 25 Wife FW M WA IN IN None
Wm Harper 1-11/12 Son MW S OR None
Next Page Line 51
E W Roberts Brother/Law MW un un CA CA CA Machinist/Saw Mill
Source Citation: Year: 1920; Census Place: Stillwell, Tillamook, Oregon; Roll: T625_1504; Page: 2A; Enumeration District: 392; Image: 209.
1930 United States Federal Census Oregon > Yamhill > Precinct 20 > District 28 > 2
John C Allison 59 Head Own$5000 MW S OR CanadaE CanadaE Farmer/Grain Farm
Jack H Harper 37 Servant MW M@24yrs KS IA KS Laborer/Grain Farm
Mabel C Harper 35 Wofe FW M@22yrs WA IN IN None
Billie B Harper 12 Son MW S OR None
Gordon G Harper 7 Son MW S OR None
Source Citation: Year: 1930; Census Place: Precinct 20, Yamhill, Oregon; Roll: 1958; Page: 1B; Enumeration District: 28; Image: 267.0; FHL microfilm: 2341692.
More About JOHN HARVEY HARPER:
Census: 1900, Oregon > Union > La Grande > District 124 > 11 (See Father)
Registration: 05 Jun 1917, World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Oregon > Baker County > 0 > Draft Card G > 1909
Children of MABEL LANCE and JOHN HARPER are:
1. Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941, Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941 Name: George Lance Marriage Date: 24 Jul 1890 Marriage County: Posey Estimated Birth Year: 1867 Age: 23 Gender: Male Father Name: James Mother Name: Sarah Bennett Source Title 1: Posey County, Indiana Source Title 2: Index to Supplemental Record Marriage Transcript 1 Source Title 3: W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerks Of Book: H-2 OS Page: 28 Source Citation: Title: Posey County, Indiana, Index to Supplemental Record Marriage Transcript 1, W. P. A. Original Record Located: County Clerks Of; Book: H-2; Page: 28. .
2. Oregon, Death Index, 1898-2008, Oregon, Death Index, 1898-2008 Name: Berthema Lance Death Date: 6 Jun 1941 Death Place: Umatilla Spouse: Geo Certificate: 131 Source Citation: Oregon State Library; Oregon Death Index 1931-1941; Reel Title: Oregon Death Index M-Z; Year Range: 1931-1941. =================== .
3. Social Security Death Index, Social Security Death Index Social Security Death Index Name: Mabel Harper SSN: 535-44-2018 Last Residence: 98444 Tacoma, Pierce, Washington, United States of America Born: 5 Aug 1897 Died: Nov 1977 State (Year) SSN issued: Washington (1962) Source Citation: Number: 535-44-2018; Issue State: Washington; Issue Date: 1962. ==============.
4. Washington Death Index, 1940-1996, Washington Death Index, 1940-1996 Name: Mabel E Harper Date of Death: 6 Nov 1977 Place of Death: Tacoma Age: 81 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1896 Residence: Pierce Gender: Female Certificate: 025887 Source Information: Ancestry.com. Washington Death Index, 1940-1996 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2002. ========= .
5. California Death Index, 1940-1997, California Death Index, 1940-1997 Name: Clara M Harper Sex: Female Birth Date: 8 Aug 1892 Birthplace: Washington Death Date: 20 Sep 1973 Death Place: San Bernardino Source Citation: Place: San Bernardino; Date: 20 Sep 1973; .
6. Walla Walla Marriage Records, Walla Walla Marriage Records - John H Harper - Mabel Lance Record Series: Marriage Records Collection: Walla Walla Marriage Records County: Walla Walla Document No. : eawwmr1632 Groom's Name: John H Harper Bride's Name: Mabel Lance Marriage Date: 4/14/1917 12:00:00 AM County: Walla Walla Filing Date: Notes: Source: http://www.digitalarchives.wa.gov/Record/View/9E81025BC1D7E D6F0456A3D9ABE55E15 ====================.
7. California Death Index, 1940-1997, California Death Index, 1940-1997 Name: Jack Harvey Harper Social Security #: 0 Sex: Male Birth Date: 25 Jun 1892 Birthplace: Kansas Death Date: 29 Jun 1952 Death Place: Kings Mother's Maiden Name: Logston Father's Surname: Harper Source Citation: Place: Kings; Date: 29 Jun 1952; Social Security: 0. =================== .
8. Burial Error, She is shown as buried in the Old Pioneer Cemetery, in 1930. .
9. World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Oregon > Baker County > 0 > Draft Card G > 190, World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 Oregon > Umatilla County > 0 > Draft Card H > 140 Name: John Harvey Harper County: Umatilla State: Oregon Birthplace: Kansas Birth Date: 25 Jun 1892 Race: Caucasian (White) FHL Roll Number: 1852148 DraftBoard: 0 Age: 24 Occupation: Blacksmith, Unemployed Nearest Relative: Wife Height/Build: Medium/Medium Color of Eyes/Hair: Blue/Brown Signature: John Harvey Harper June 5, 1917 Source Citation: Registration Location: Umatilla County, Oregon; Roll: 1852148; Draft Board: 0. ================ .
10. Social Security Death Index, Social Security Death Index Name: Gordon G. Harper SSN: 558-22-6654 Last Residence: 93230 Hanford, Kings, California, United States of America Born: 7 Aug 1922 Died: 4 Feb 1988 State (Year) SSN issued: California (Before 1951) Source Citation: Number: 558-22-6654; Issue State: California; Issue Date: Before 1951. =================== .
11. California Death Index, 1940 - 1997, California Death Index, 1940-1997 Name: Gordon G Harper Social Security #: 558226654 Sex: Male Birth Date: 7 Aug 1922 Birthplace: Oregon Death Date: 4 Feb 1988 Death Place: Kings Mother's Maiden Name: Lance Source Citation: Place: Kings; Date: 4 Feb 1988; Social Security: 558226654. =============== .
12. U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946, U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 Name: Gordon G Harper Birth Year: 1922 Nativity State or Country: Oregon State of Residence: California County or City: Kings Enlistment Date: 27 Oct 1942 Enlistment State: California Enlistment City: Fresno Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Branch Code: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA Grade: Private Grade Code: Private Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men) Source: Civil Life Education: 3 years of high school Civil Occupation: Semiskilled chauffeurs and drivers, bus, taxi, truck, and tractor Marital Status: Single, without dependents Height: 66 Weight: 143 Source Information: National Archives and Records Administration. U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 200 =============.