|From Highway 12 going south toward Weston, take
the Winn Road left off the highway. The barn sits in the valley to the right
and is visible from the road. Ralph Moon built the barn for about $2,500.
The owner, George W. Winn hand sawed every board that built the barn in the
spring and summer of 1916, using his harvest crew. The lumber was clear
grain Douglas fir delivered for $11 per K, the ground was scraped flat, and
a foundation was laid in April. The barn was completed for hay storage by
harvest time. Half the barn had 10 stalls for horses and the other half had
25 cow stanchions. The original shake roof lasted over 70 years and the red
paint originally used was a mixture of white lead paint with red ochre and
linseed oil added; very durable. There are no posts in the entire structure
which is now used for storage.